18 July 2018
Support our work: become a Friend of Statewatch from as little as £1/€1 per month.
See: Note from Europol to Member States: Proposals to further strengthen the fight against migrant smuggling (10944/18, LIMITE, 6 July 2018, pdf)
The document makes proposals concerning:
1. A strategic interoperability roadmap for JHA Agencies' support to migration efforts
2. Law enforcement-led response: disrupting the criminal networks
3. Enhanced focus on secondary movements
4. Direct link between front-line information and Europol analysis
5. Full intelligence picture by data fusion
6. Joint Liaison Task Force on migrant smuggling at Europol
7. Coordination and support of regional operational rooms on migration
8. Europol embedment in future disembarkation platforms
9. Europol liaison officers in MENA (and Sahel) countries
10. Exchange of operational information with third countries
Spotted an error? If you've spotted a problem with this page, just click once to let us know.
Statewatch does not have a corporate view, nor does it seek to create one, the views expressed are those of the author. Statewatch is not responsible for the content of external websites and inclusion of a link does not constitute an endorsement. Registered UK charity number: 1154784. Registered UK company number: 08480724. Registered company name: The Libertarian Research & Education Trust. Registered office: MayDay Rooms, 88 Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1DH. © Statewatch ISSN 1756-851X. Personal usage as private individuals "fair dealing" is allowed. We also welcome links to material on our site. Usage by those working for organisations is allowed only if the organisation holds an appropriate licence from the relevant reprographic rights organisation (eg: Copyright Licensing Agency in the UK) with such usage being subject to the terms and conditions of that licence and to local copyright law.