01 July 2017
Links to documents
1. See for full background Statewatch's: Observatory on protests in the EU: http://www.statewatch.org/observatory3.htm
2. Conclusions on security at meetings of the European Council and comparable events: http://www.statewatch.org/news/2008/apr/eu-troublemakers-10916-01.pdf
3. See: Genoa 19-21 July 2001: An Italian view of "public order policing" Italian style: http://www.statewatch.org/news/2002/jul/08genoa.htm
4. Italy: Making sense of the Genoa G8 trials and aftermath (Statewatch analysis): http://www.statewatch.org/analyses/no-77-genoa-aftermath.pdf
See also: EU plans to extend the Schengen Information System: http://www.statewatch.org/news/2001/nov/19sis2.htm and
The Enemy Within: http://www.statewatch.org/news/2001/nov/enemyII.pdf
5. Gothenburg: Public order policing in Europe - policy backlash expected:
6. See Statewatch analysis: The Enemy Within: http://www.statewatch.org/news/2001/aug/protest.pdf
Later in the autumn of 2001 the German government put forward a Proposal to create EU para-military police units to counter protests: http://www.statewatch.org/news/2001/oct/01paramilitary.htm
8.EU doc no: 15079/07:
9. Schengen Information System Article 99 report:
10. EU doc 7544/08:
11. EU doc no: 10916/01: http://www.statewatch.org/news/2008/apr/eu-troublemakers-10916-01.pdf
12. EU doc no: 9808/03: http://www.statewatch.org/news/2008/apr/eu-troublemakers-sis-ii-9808-03.pdf
13. EU doc no: 13815/03: http://www.statewatch.org/news/2008/apr/eu-troublemakers-council-resolution-13915-03.pdf
14. EU doc no: 8204/08: http://www.statewatch.org/news/2008/apr/eu-troublemakers-8204-08.pdf
15. Heiligendamm G8 Summit: a chronology of protest and repression (Statewatch report): http://www.statewatch.org/news/2007/nov/g8.pdf
19. See: Statewatch feature: Vol 19 no 1
20. EU doc no 5450/09
22. This proposal was set out in an unlisted Room document: 2008-12-19/03.
30. EU doc no: 7558/09. Standard Article 99 alerts include a recommendation, for the state getting a "hit" on the SIS, of "action to be taken".
31. Sky News: Tensions Rise At Nato Summit In Strasbourg, 4 April 2009.
32. Normally a "hit" is followed by a request for a detailed file from the originating state's SIRENE bureaux and "the subject of the alert must not be informed (or even notice) that he/she is in SIS."
33.EU doc no: 10147/09
Spotted an error? If you've spotted a problem with this page, just click once to let us know.
Statewatch does not have a corporate view, nor does it seek to create one, the views expressed are those of the author. Statewatch is not responsible for the content of external websites and inclusion of a link does not constitute an endorsement. Registered UK charity number: 1154784. Registered UK company number: 08480724. Registered company name: The Libertarian Research & Education Trust. Registered office: c/o MDR, 88 Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1DH, UK. © Statewatch ISSN 1756-851X. Personal usage as private individuals "fair dealing" is allowed. We also welcome links to material on our site. Usage by those working for organisations is allowed only if the organisation holds an appropriate licence from the relevant reprographic rights organisation (eg: Copyright Licensing Agency in the UK) with such usage being subject to the terms and conditions of that licence and to local copyright law.