- Home /
- News /
- 2010 /
- January /
- EU: Background documents regarding SWIFT, FRONTEX, European Arrest Warrants (EAW), Eurojust, EU-NATO cooperation, Visa Information System (VIS), union for the Mediterranean
EU: Background documents regarding SWIFT, FRONTEX, European Arrest Warrants (EAW), Eurojust, EU-NATO cooperation, Visa Information System (VIS), union for the Mediterranean
01 January 2010
- SWIFT: Agreement between the European Union and the United States of America on the processing and transfer of Financial Messaging Data from the European Union to the United States for purposes of the Terrorist Finance Tracking Program
- FRONTEX: Frontex specialised branches
(33 pages, pdf). FRONTEXT's role is expanding rapidly and will do so even more under the Stockholm Programme. Here a management consultants report to justify creating Mobile Operations Project Teams (MPOT) operating on the ground/sea, Centres of Excellence (CEO) and Intelligence and Liaison Coordination Offices (ILCO).
- EAW: European Arrest Warrants: Follow-up to the final report on the fourth round of mutual evaluations - The practical application of the European Arrest Warrant and corresponding surrender procedures between Member States
(EU doc no: 17132/09, pdf). Discusses a number of recommendations (including "provisional arrest") which could either be brought about by legislation or by the "back-door" through "soft law" Council Conclusions: "non-legislative action is possible. With regard to some recommendations, a possibility of going forward could be the development of best practices. These best practices could be laid down in Council conclusions, but could also be integrated into the European arrest warrant Handbook."
- EUROJUST: Strategic Seminar on the implementation of the new Eurojust Decision in the Member States - " Building new bridges between Eurojust and the Member States" Stockholm, 7 - 8 September 2009
(EU doc no: 16925/09, pdf): "This seminar was part of a series of meetings organised in the framework of the Informal Working Group (IWG) on the implementation of the new Eurojust Decision, initiated by Eurojust together with the Trio Presidency, the Council Secretariat and the Commission"
- EU-NATO: PMG recommendations on concrete measures to improve EU-NATO cooperation
- EU diplomatic representation in third countries - First half of 2010
(EU doc no: 17770/09, pdf)
- VISA INFORMATION SYSTEM: Programme of deployment of the VIS - Activities of the Group of Friends of the VIS
(EU doc no: 14340/09, pdf), including: "the start of operations of the VIS will be delayed beyond September 2010, because of certain problems in both the central system and at national level."
- Union for the Mediterranean: Draft EU Guidelines and Proposal for a Work Programme for 2010
: JHA issues from p42 (EU doc no: 17594/09, pdf)