28 March 2012
Support our work: become a Friend of Statewatch from as little as £1/€1 per month.
EU's operational plan
The Council of the European Union's operational plan covering the Greek (1 January-30 June 2003) and Italian Presidencies (1 July-31 December 2003) presents a global overview of the EU's policies.
The section covering justice and home affairs issues is reproduced below. It includes:
- immigration: escorts for expulsion by air;
- Europol: improving the "operational aspects of Europol's activities and a "wider contribution by Member States to the Europol database";
- PCTF: "enhancing the strategic role of the European Police Chiefs Task Force";
- terrorism: creating "a register of natural persons involved in the financing of terrorist activities";
- seeking agreement on mutual assistance, like the controversial one with the USA (still to be agreed), with Canada, Russia and Switzerland.
1. Detailed section
on justice and home affairs: JHA issues (small pdf)
2. Plan: Full-text (Word file)
Spotted an error? If you've spotted a problem with this page, just click once to let us know.
Statewatch does not have a corporate view, nor does it seek to create one, the views expressed are those of the author. Statewatch is not responsible for the content of external websites and inclusion of a link does not constitute an endorsement. Registered UK charity number: 1154784. Registered UK company number: 08480724. Registered company name: The Libertarian Research & Education Trust. Registered office: MayDay Rooms, 88 Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1DH. © Statewatch ISSN 1756-851X. Personal usage as private individuals "fair dealing" is allowed. We also welcome links to material on our site. Usage by those working for organisations is allowed only if the organisation holds an appropriate licence from the relevant reprographic rights organisation (eg: Copyright Licensing Agency in the UK) with such usage being subject to the terms and conditions of that licence and to local copyright law.