Finnish Presidency agenda highlights digitisation, new technologies and artificial intelligence
Follow us: | | Tweet
Help us to continue making our work freely available to all: become a Friend of Statewatch.
The Finnish Council Presidency: Draft agendas for Council meetings, during the second semester of 2019 (the Finnish Presidency) (73 pages, pdf) at the heart of the agenda is::
- Digitalisation of judicial cooperation
- Digital Exchange System
- The future of Digital Criminal Justice
- Digital Government Conference (Helsinki, 22 October 2019)
- Artificial intelligence: judicial aspects
- Artificial intelligence in education and training
It also includes:
- Migration: State of Play
- (poss.) Counter-Terrorism: extreme-right terrorism
- New technologies and Internal Security, including 5G Networks
- The future of EU migration and asylum policy - Policy debate
- The future of EU Internal Security - Policy debate
- Future of the Single European Sky
The Justice Council agenda on 8 October will discuss new technologies and internal security.
And the Telecommunications Council will discuss a general approach on the draft regulation on the confidentiality of electronic communications.
The Justice and Home Affairs agendas are on pages 31-39.
Search our database for more articles and information or subscribe to our mailing list for regular updates from Statewatch News Online.
We welcome contributions to News Online and comments on this website. Contact us.
Home | News Online | Journal | Observatories | Analyses | Database | SEMDOC | About Statewatch
© Statewatch ISSN 1756-851X. Personal usage as private individuals/"fair dealing" is allowed. We also welcome links to material on our site. Usage by those working for organisations is allowed only if the organisation holds an appropriate licence from the relevant reprographic rights organisation (eg: Copyright Licensing Agency in the UK) with such usage being subject to the terms and conditions of that licence and to local copyright law.