EU's operational plan for 2003
The Council of the European Union's operational plan covering the Greek (1 January-30 June 2003) and Italian Presidencies (1 July-31 December 2003) presents a global overview of the EU's policies.
The section covering justice and home affairs issues is reproduced below. It includes:
- immigration: escorts for expulsion by air;
- Europol: improving the "operational aspects of Europol's activities and a "wider contribution by Member States to the Europol database";
- PCTF: "enhancing the strategic role of the European Police Chiefs Task Force";
- terrorism: creating "a register of natural persons involved in the financing of terrorist activities";
- seeking agreement on mutual assistance, like the controversial one with the USA (still to be agreed), with Canada, Russia and Switzerland.
1. Detailed section on justice and home affairs: JHA issues (small pdf)
2. Plan: Full-text (Word file)
Statewatch News online | Join Statewatch news e-mail list | Statewatch websites