Welcome to SEMDOC
The JHA agenda
Part of the JHA archive.
Week starting 4 March 2013
- 8928/1/94 - Draft common manual on controls at external frontiers
- 7233/1/98 - Definition of the Schengen Acquis for the purpose of its incorporation into the EU
accordance with the Annex to the Schengen Protocol the Schengen acquis
comprises ali the acts listed in Annex A to this decision"
- 5856/95 and 5856/95 ADD1 - Situation of persons who cannot be expelled
documents gives an overview of the legislation applying in each Member
States which imposes obligations on the authorities regarding persons
who cannot be removed or deported such as international or national law
obligations prohibiting the removal in countries where the person may be
at risk of torture or inhumane and dedrading treatment.
Week starting 11 March 2013
- 5981/1/95 - Draft joint action on pre-frontier
assistance and training assignments
documents lays the ground for the future deployment of "liaison
officers" temporarily or permanently by Member states in third
countries' airports. Liaison officers provide "assistance to officers
locally responsible for checks on departure either on behalf of the
local authorities or on behalf of the airlines".
- 9525/95 + 9525/95 ADD1 + 9525/95 ADD2
- Questionnaire on national practices regarding unaccompanied foreign
minors on the territory of EU Member States, reply from Member states
Member State replied to a set of questions on the legislation applying
to unaccompanied foreign minors including what international conventions
apply, their implementation in national law, any bilateral agreement
with other countries, the reception and protection mechanisms applying
to unaccompanied minors specifically.
- 10949/3/95 - Draft Council Recommendation on combating the illegal employment of third
the Council Recommendations on combating illegal immigration and
illegal employment and improving the means on control, the principles
established in this document should apply to Member States: penalties
for employing persons without authorisation and exchange of information
between Member States.
- 12092/3/95 rev3
- Text of the draft Council act drawing up the Convention on the
crossing by persons of the external frontiers of the Member States of
the European Union
documents establishes the legal foundation for cooperation in border
control and border surveillance at EU's external borders, and the
condition of entry for third-country nationals. The Convention foresees
the creation of a database on person refused entry accessible to law
enforcement authorities of Member State.
- 12353/95 COR1 - Relations with the United States - The New Transatlantic Agenda - Joint EU-US Action Plan
document marks the adoption of a "New Transatlantic Agenda" based on
four major goals: promoting peace and stability; responding to "global
challenges" such as international crime, immigration, asylum or
terrorism; economic relations; academic and scientific
cooperation.Specific measures and cooperation envisaged are described in
Week starting 18 March 2013
- Police cooperation: - Summary of replies to questionnaire 4202/95
ENFOPOL 11 on the coordination of police cooperation for the countries
of Central and Eastern Europe (CCEEs)
- This document gives examples of police cooperation with Central and Eastern European countries ahead of the enlargement process.
- 12423/5/95 rev 5 - Readmission agreements with CEE Countries, Baltic States and Member States of the European Union
will find herewith a synopsis of the readmission agreements that have
been signed or are being negotiated between CEE Countries, Baltic States
and Member States of the European Union."
Week starting 25 March 2013
- 4628/96 ADD 3 COR 1 - Inventory of replies to the questionnaire on Iraq (telex 5386)
document gives statistical information on the asylum applications lodged
by Iraqis between February 1988 and January 1996. It also provides
information on the profile of Iraqi asylum-seekers in the different EU
countries, their ethnic, religious, socio-economic background and
- 12421/95 - Police cooperation with the Central and Eastern European States
(CEES) - Assistance sought by and/or given to CEES by European Union
documents details the nature of the assistance provided by each Member
States upon request friom CEES in the field of police cooperation.
Measures included: exachange programmes and trainings in border control,
bomb disposal, fraud investigation, race relations, criminal
investigation, sexual offence, money laundering, telecommunications.
- 9584/2/96 - Review of CIREA
document comes back to the origin, purpose and activities of the Centre
for Information, Discussion (Reflection) and Exchange on Asylum (CIREA)
established in 1992 as part of the Working Group on Immigration. CIREA's
work includes exchange of information, analysis, exchanges with UNHCR,
gathering of statistical information.
- Questionnaire on the practical aspects of judicial cooperation in the
fight against international organized crime - Replies from the
delegations of the CCEE
from countries in Eastern and Central Europe and Baltic countries on
the existing legislation in each country to evaluate the need for
reforms to guarantee efficient judicial cooperation in the fight against
international organised crime.