Welcome to SEMDOC
The JHA agenda
Week starting 23/07/2012
- Draft convention between the Member States of the European Economic
community concerning the use of information technology for customs
Convention aiming to support exchange of information, including personal
data and "other data concerned with illicit trafficking activities",
between customs authorities across the EU.
- Draft Resolution on an alert and emergency procedure for
burden-sharing with regard to the admission and residence of displaced
persons on a temporary basis
document illustrates the emergence of the idea of "solidarity" amongst
Member States and policies aimed to "share the burden" of the arrival of
forcibly displaced persons.
- Competence of the ECJ regarding the interpretation of the convention
creating an European Police Authority (EUROPOL) (French version with
Statewatch unofficial translation)
- "The European Court of Justice is competent to make a decision
on the interpretation of the Europol-Convention under the conditions
established by this protocol".
- 9529/95 - Council Resolution of 17 January 1995 on the lawful interception of telecommunications
- Annex to the Council Resolution detailing the requirements applicable to law enforcement authorities so they can lawfully intercept telecommunications.
- 12430/2/98 - Risk analysis- Establishment of a central risk-analysis unit (centre of expertise): proposed basic design
- Proposal for the establishment of a central risk anlaysis unit
in the field of Justice and Home Affairs aimed to improve the efficiency
of customs controls as " National customs checking and inspection
points need to be supplied with information enabling them to apply
selective checks and inspections targeting the highest-risk traffic".
The system would allow the collection, stoarge, analysis and exachnge of