MED CRISIS: New report addresses "dangerous and misleading simplifications" over migration to Europe; plus latest news reports
A new report by Medici per i dirriti humani (Doctors for Human Rights) is based on information and testimonies collected by doctors working on a project to stop the torture of refugees travelling from sub-Saharan to northern Africa.
Report: Move or Die: Migratory Routes from Sub-Saharan Countries to Europe (pdf)
Press release (originally posted here)
Latest news reports
- Passing through the Balkans, refugee caravan hits a fence in Hungary (Dalje.com, link)
- As in Israel, the EU Is Trying to Control the Treatment of Refugees (Hareetz, link)
- Greece, Turkey burdened with migrant crisis, Germany calls for the UN (BGN News, link)
- Turkish crackdown on 'ghost ships' sparked migrant drive to Greece: IOM (Hurriyet, link)
- See also: question to the European Commission by Ska Keller MEP (Greens): Ghost ship Blue Sky M and answer
- Mixed welcome for Songs of Praise from Calais camp (Church Times, link)
- What life is like in the Calais migrant 'jungle' - by young Brit who visited them (Mirror, link)
Search our database for more articles and information or subscribe to our mailing list for regular updates from Statewatch News Online.
Support our work by making a one-off or regular donation to help us continue to monitor the state and civil liberties in Europe.
We welcome contributions to News Online and comments on this website. E-mail us, call +44 (0) 207 697 4266, or send post to PO Box 1516, London, N16 0EW.
Home | News Online | Journal | Observatories | Analyses | Database | SEMDOC | About Statewatch
© Statewatch ISSN 1756-851X. Personal usage as private individuals/"fair dealing" is allowed. We also welcome links to material on our site. Usage by those working for organisations is allowed only if the organisation holds an appropriate licence from the relevant reprographic rights organisation (eg: Copyright Licensing Agency in the UK) with such usage being subject to the terms and conditions of that licence and to local copyright law.